SKF is the number 1 fork seal brand in the world. We use SKF exclusively on our shop fork builds due to the high quality and low failure rate on their seals. Seal kits come in green or black depending on availability. R6 kits come in Black only.
The feel of riding and durability are two decisive factors when designing seals for forks in motorcycles. Especially in off-road applications, such as enduro or motocross, the requirements on the sealing are very demanding.
SKF has developed a range of seals with this in mind. Solutions are available for both off-road and on highway use. For motorcycles, the seals come in pairs with a separate oil seal and dirt wiper seal tuned to each other to give low friction for the best riding experience, as well as long life.
- One SKF oil seal and one SKF wiper seal developed to achieve superior sealing performance.
- New self-lubricating compound.
- Virtually eliminates stick-slip and improves performance by reducing friction.
- Bench tested over 1 million cycles - Developed in tests conducted at 50 hours with no further maintenance.
- More than 20% reduction in friction compared to standard seals.
- Smoother fork action.
- Compatible with a wide range of original equipment and aftermarket oils.
- Increased seal life and performance.
- Enhanced water and dirt protection capability and withstand UV light.
- Maintain low and constant friction in operation.
- Reduced wear and air suction.
- Note: Sold per fork leg - must purchase two for complete set.